Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cash-Movie Review


I went to see "Cash" with my family yesterday . Over the last 6 months , thanks to my wife , I had developed some respect for Bollywood films ,........ but my experience with Cash has disillusioned me once again on the quality of content that Bollywood dishes out on the a not so discerning audience .
To me Cash is an example of great editing , cinematography and music , but lacks the most important criteria for a good film....a gripping story and an engrossing script .
Anubhav Sinha's caste includes a bunch of thieves like Karan ( Ajay Devgan) , Danny ( Zayed Khan ), Lucky (Ritesh Deshmukh), Pooja (Esha Deol) , who are aligned to a common motive of stealing priceless diamonds in South Africa. As one could imagine each of these thieves have their own speciality , like Danny can walk on water , Lucky is an ace skate border etc etc .
The movie has great music and some exotic women , I particularly liked the dances of Samita Shetty (playing Shanaya from the Indian High Commission), but beyond that there is nothing to write about .....
An entertainer if you can leave your brains at home , if you cant , its better you stay far away from the movie

2 comments:

Moushumi said...

I feel sorry for devgan- a talented actor not finding talented directors

~Nayan~ said...

I haven't seen the movie yet. Actually the sound card of my computer is temporarily out of service [:D]
so looking forward to get it done and then watch all the happening movies.

ps: I liked the post on 'My father gandhi'.
I read dc's blog. It was worth reading. :)