Monday, January 29, 2007

My motivation to blog -The need to express myself

It has been sometime , i have been watching this wonderful social phenomena called blogging . Some of my close friends and some not so close have blogs of their own , creating content varying from their love life , to their view on politics , to organization development et al . As a phenomena i would believe that blogging is an extremely interesting development in the democratic world...now now what does that mean !!!....i am told that you can write anything express your views (even if they maybe factually incorrect or conceptually weak or opinionated with ones points of view ....don't know if thats allowed ....for an amateur blogger grant this understanding to me for the time being ....i promise you that i will learn the rules fast ...) .

Coming back to the theme of this post ....what motivated me to blog.....couple of interesting things happened in the last few weeks . I came across a lady with eclectic tastes ( many years younger to me and an active blogger) and also a CEO who is a brilliant blogger (brilliant defined by the quality of content) . Somehow between the two of them , i got an inspiration from within to write , write pretty much anything and not get misunderstood , or being judged as we are in our day to day life.So i said to myself, I must express and my inner self on topics that i have a point of view on (and trust me as a good Bengali , i have a point of view on many things :)...) and issues which are socially relevant and i don't have a point of view on.

So after overcoming the initial lethargy here i am with a post on the very first day that i opened a blog account , declaring my intention to express.......

Before starting to type this post ...one part of me said "Niladri , you cant write coherent English to save your life..." , the other part said " Ok if you bad at it , test the hypothesis of being judged..." either way you learn ............and as i learn i grow ...

2 comments:

Gautam Ghosh said...

welcome to the blogosphere Niladri...!

You might want to check out the following HR and OD blogs...leave comments on them and write about the thoughts there...

Prasad Kurian

V Kartikeyan


Terry Seamon

Anuradha

Astha Parmar

~Nayan~ said...

great start :)